You are wrong if you think that chihuahuas are not the best dogs to raise in this world. Sorry, but it is true that chihuahuas are honestly the best dogs on this planet. Even though they are too little, they are entertaining, comical and loyal dogs. This article will help you realize why Chihuahuas are the best dogs to raise if you are thinking of owning a pet.
Why are Chihuahuas misunderstood?
Chihuahuas often have the bad reputation of being snappy or yappy. Most probably, in part of this is due to the strong attachment they have to their humans. Chihuahuas are not particularly drawn to strangers. The world we have is big, and the bad reputation of Chihuahuas can also be a result of poor breeding. However, the attitude of the human owner is also a major factor in the behavior of any dog, be it Chihuahua or not. Owners are often overindulgent and most probably, can lack a sense of the need for training their dogs.
Reasons Why Chihuahuas are the Best Dogs
1. Chihuahuas are small and easy to carry. The Chihuahua is one of the smallest registered breeds. Chihuahuas weigh in at two-to-six pounds, and no height is given in the standard, but most of them are six-to-eight inches tall. These characteristics make chihuahuas so easy to be carried.
Chihuahua is one of the smallest registered breeds so it's very easy to carry them outside
If you want to bring your chihuahua with you, you can cradle him using sling bag which is made of soft material that hangs with a pouch area. Chihuahuas can be excellent in being watchdogs. They are quick to defend their owners and their families. On the other note, these little dogs can easily be snatched and borne away because they are so small. If you own a Chihuahua, you better guard your dog as he guards you.
2. Chihuahuas do not take up much room. About reason number one, they are little dogs and are easily fitted to a townhouse. When they are not playing, they curl their bodies into little balls. They do not need a queen-sized or king-sized bed to feel cozy because, in fact, they prefer small spaces, like a crate, a blanket mountain, or even on your lap.
Chihuahuas prefer small spaces, like a crate, a blanket mountain, or even on your lap
3. Chihuahuas are so funny and entertaining. Even on your worst days, Chihuahuas have an infinite amount of love to provide because they are the most cuddling creatures you can ever have. They can become mischievous and curious. If left unattended inside the house, you should better prepare yourself because these little creatures might decorate the entire home with a roll of your toilet paper or commandeer your bed as their own. They can be small, but they could also wind up as the master of the entire household because they can manipulate their owners with great finesse.
4. Chihuahuas have a long life. Chihuahuas often achieve 16 or more years of age. However, just like humans and other dogs, there are genetic diseases which may cause problems. Chihuahuas are susceptible to knee injuries caused by joint weakness, and fractures. They can also suffer from heart problems, jawbone disorders, eye problems, and tooth or gum complaints. To minimize of acquiring these diseases, the owner should take precautionary measure to help improve the well-being of his own pet.
Chihuahuas have a long life, they often achieve 16 or more years of age
5. Chihuahuas are very loyal. The loyalty and affinity of these little dogs for being so close to his master will make Chihuahuas the best candidate for an amiable companion. This is why Chihuahuas are the best dogs. The size of these dogs also make the convenient companions. They can become yippy dogs, but they only do it out of their love and protection for you. Honestly, that is one of the most beautify reasons why Chihuahuas are the best.
6. Chihuahuas do not need much exercise. Chihuahuas love to cuddle with their owners. They are considered to be excellent home-dwellers because they get much of the exercises they needed indoors. They also often seem to prefer the coziness of home to the great outdoors.
7. Chihuahuas are easy to walk. They can be easy to walk as long as they are leash-trained. You do not need to take them on a many-mile run every day because they can be walked around the block a couple of times, and you can already call it good. Some of the Chihuahuas are fast-running dogs. So, just because they are small doesn’t necessarily mean that they no longer enjoy a higher level of physical activity for those who are so inclined.
Chihuahuas can be easy to walk as long as they are leash-trained
8. Chihuahuas are very easy to clean up after. Because they are small, their poops are smaller, too. Their pee puddles are also not that big, so if there are accidents, these are not tragedies.
9. Chihuahuas are excellent watchdogs. Thanks to the temperament of these dogs. They have the uncanny ability to hear strangers and other dogs long before they are in your vicinity. They are curious, confident, spirited and brave dogs that their temperament is described as terrier-like.
10. Chihuahuas are extremely trainable. Chihuahuas are capable of learning many different kinds of cute tricks. If they are also taught good manners by their owners, at a minimum, they can give their owners much greater pleasure.
Chihuahuas are capable of learning many different kinds of cute tricks
In summary, this article gives you ten reasons why Chihuahuas are the best dogs. Contrary to the negative reputation, it is true that if any dog is appropriately treated, it will reward a loving human family with loyalty, great charm, and affection. Tiny breeds like Chihuahuas have special needs, but they are easier to keep in countless ways. Just keep your little guy healthy and happy, and surely he will provide you a lifelong quality companionship.